HeartCode PALS Online Training
Heartcode PALS: This product is non-returnable
HeartCode® PALS Online is the online portion of PALS blended learning that will prepare students for hands-on skills session with an AHA PALS Instructor or on a simulation station.
HeartCode® PALS Online has been Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
HeartCode® PALS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s PALS Course.
HeartCode® blended learning delivers quality resuscitation education regardless of where providers are located and gives them more control to complete the course at their own pace.
Providers first complete the online portion of HeartCode® PALS and then complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA PALS Instructor or on a simulation station.
To enter the course, participants must complete a pre-course self-assessment.
The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing‐ the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Course Completion Card or Certificate
Once you complete the online course contact our office at 757.410.7518 to schedule an appointment to complete the hands on session.
AHA PALS Provider Course Completion Card; valid for two years.
The course cost includes the skills assessment at NorthStar 1st Response . AHA Online courses are non-refundable.