The Heartsaver First, CPR, and AED Course
Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid
Empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
With online, onsite, and classroom training, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completion, students will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course topics taught.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED with Textbook
* A 25% non-refundable cancellation fee will be applied to all courses cancelled less than 48 hours in advance. Textbooks are nonrefundable. Should a student cancel the course and requests a refund, the cost of textbook, shipping, plus the cancellation fee will be deducted from course fee to be refunded.