Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning Course. It teaches students information needed to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives.
After completing the online portion, students must complete hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
- Child care workers
- Foster care workers
- Camp counselors
- Youth organizations
- Coaches for children’s sports organizations
- Others responsible for children including parents, grandparents, babysitters and guardians
- Self-paced; can be completed wherever Internet access is available
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Provides access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of the course key
- Includes audio and transcription for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience
- Priorities, roles, and responsibilities of a rescuer providing first aid to a child or infant
- The four key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- Removing protective gloves
- Finding the problem
- Assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- How to control bleeding and bandaging
- Using an epinephrine pen
- Recognizing common injuries and illnesses
- How to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Legal questions that apply to pediatric first aid rescuers
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- Concepts of the AHA Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- Performing high-quality CPR for a child or infant
- Performing high quality CPR for an adult*
- Giving effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- How to use an AED on an adult*
- How to use an AED on a child
- How to help a choking child, infant, or adult
Blended learning – online portion, followed by a hands-on session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor
The online portion of this course takes approximately 2 ½ hours to complete.
The hands-on session for this course is approximately 2 ½ hours with optional modules included.
Course Completion Card or Certificates
A certificate of completion will be available for students to print after completing the online portion. This certificate must be presented for entry into the Instructor-led hands-on session.
Upon completion of the full course, students will receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion e-card, valid for two years.
The course cost includes the skills assessment at Northstar1st. Online keys are non-refundable once issued.