The Heartsaver First Aid Course.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid
- Empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- With online, onsite, and classroom training, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completion, students will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course topics taught.
This product is non-returnable.
To Register for the CPR & AED Course, please contact the office for more information.
* A 25% non-refundable cancellation fee will be applied to all courses cancelled less than 48 hours in advance. Textbooks are nonrefundable. Should a student cancel the course and requests a refund, the cost of textbook, shipping, plus the cancellation fee will be deducted from course fee to be refunded.