HeartCode® BLS (for Healthcare Providers ONLY)
Blended Learning Updated to Reflect the 2015 CPR & ECC Guidelines
HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, e-Simulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing. Where available, students may also complete the hands-on session with a voice-assisted manikin (VAM).
HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal BLS Course.
- Updated science and education reflecting the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting the HeartCode BLS Online Portion
- Enhanced learning experience through e-Simulations, life-like animations, video scenarios, and knowledge checks
- New science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Blended Learning (online portion, followed by hands-on session)
- The online portion of HeartCode BLS can be completed in approximately 1 to 2 hours. Time to complete the hands-on session varies from 2 hours, 45 minutes, to 70 minutes, depending on the experience of the student.
Course Completion Card or Certificate
Please, contact our office at 757.410.7518 to make an appointment for skills assessment
AHA BLS Provider Course Completion Card; valid for two years.
The course cost includes the skills assessment at Northstar1st. Online keys are non-refundable once issued.