Heartsaver First Aid Online
Offers the convenience of digital learning. The eLearning portion of the Heartsaver First Aid blended learning course is designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid training. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC), the AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid.
- Course empowering students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- Online, onsite, and classroom training*, offering flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs.
- Student must complete all optional modules that they need to print on the certificate prior to completing the course. Once the certificate is generated, it will not update with any additional modules completed.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course topics taught.
This product is non-returnable.
The course cost includes the skills assessment at Northstar1st. Online keys are non-refundable once issued.