HeartCode PALS Online Training
HeartCode PALS Part 1 is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children. This program uses e-Simulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support.
After completing Part 1, students practice and test their skills with an AHA PALS Instructor. Upon successful completion of all parts of the course, students receive an AHA PALS course completion card, valid for two years.
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support from the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- 12 pediatric, hospital-based, patient cases with up to four healthcare providers, presented through e-Simulation technology
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Recognition and management of respiratory and shock emergencies
- Recognition and management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team Course Materials
HeartCode Primary Audience HeartCode PALS Part 1 is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card and are seeking an alternative (non- classroom) method for completing an initial or update PALS course. It allows completion of the interactive cognitive skills (Part 1) portion and can allow for skills practice (Part 2) and completion of the skills test with an AHA Instructor. Once you complete the online portion contact our office to make an appointment to complete portions 2 and 3.
This course may not work on a MAC PC.
The PALS HeartCode cost is $235.00, which includes the skills assessment at Northstar1st. Online keys are non-refundable once issued.