These comprehensive courses are designed for providers who are first to evaluate and stabilize the trauma patient. The courses provide complete training in the skills needed for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization and transportation of trauma patients.
The ITLS Advanced course builds on this knowledge, emphasizing evaluation steps and sequencing as well as techniques for resuscitating and packaging patients. ITLS Advanced is appropriate for advanced EMTs, paramedics, trauma nurses, physicians and other advanced EMS personnel.
Hands-on stations include:
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation
- Spinal motion restriction – rapid extrication, short back board, helmet management, log roll, and long back board/ scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application
The ITLS Basic course provides the core of knowledge and skills appropriate for all levels of EMS personnel, including EMT-Bs, first responders and other technicians.
ITLS Basic and Advanced courses use the 8th edition ITLS for Prehospital Care Providers manual.
Card Type: ITLS Completion Card
Written/Skills Exam: Required for completion card
To Register for the ITLS Provider Course, please select your choice below and the date you will attend and then click Add to Cart.
ITLS Provider Course
ITLS Provider Course with Textbook
* A 25% non-refundable cancellation fee will be applied to all courses cancelled less than 48 hours in advance. Textbooks are nonrefundable. Should a student cancel the course and requests a refund, the cost of textbook, shipping, plus the cancellation fee will be deducted from course fee to be refunded.